Silicone Molded Sifter Sieves
A sieve or sifter, is a device for separating wanted elements from unwanted material or for characterizing the particle size distribution of a sample, typically using a woven screen such as a mesh.
Sifting is mainly used in two areas, Check screening of raw material to remove extraneous material and Sizing to sort, segregate or control the particle size distribution of powders and granules. Sifting is mainly achieved by used of vibratory, rotary & centrifugal screeners.
- Sieves have to be specially designed to resist the high tensile stress generated. Since particle size distributions plays a vital part in drug dissolutions, maintaining the accuracy of the sieves apertures in an essential part of sieves manufacturing.
- Proper thickness of wire, accurate nominal apertures sizes, high tensile strength and tautness of the sieves are essential part of sieve for high sifting performance.
- Material of construction Stainless Steel 316 and 316 L.
- Aperture sizes 4075 to 70 microns or mesh sizes 4# to 200# with ASTM standard being certified 90X microscope.
- Sieves are available in various sizes from 4 to 30 diameter. The most common size used 20 (550 mm) & 30 (750 mm) diameter.
- The silicone is food grade material, transparent in appearance.
- Nontoxic & molded on the stainless steel ring.
Fluid Bed Drying Sieves (FBD)
Fluid Bed Dryer have a bed of solid particles which are fluidized by passing a stream of air upward through a specially designed perforated sheet. The upward velocity of air is so maintained so as to slightly lift the solid particles and set them in motion. This motion can be utilized to bring about mixing as well as forward movement of the solids particles. The air is heated and the process hot air evaporates the fluid and dries the solids.
This process are also used in coating & binding a particles or powder.
Fluid Bed Dryer Sieves are available in various sizes from 400mm to 1200mm, or 25LTR to 1000LTR. Sieves used are dutch woven screen, the most common sieve used is 24 x 110 mesh, 30 x 150 mesh is use.